Good housekeeping in the workplace implies that a workplace is kept in an organized, uncluttered, and hazard-free condition. Housekeeping is crucial to safe workplaces.
The application extends from offices to industrial workplaces, including factories, warehouses and manufacturing plants.
Significant Benefits Of Good Housekeeping In The Workplace:
- Fewer trip and slip incidents where walkways and working surfaces are free of clutter and spills.
- Safe work environments lead to healthier workers, higher worker morale, and increased productivity(tools and materials will be easy to find).
- Workplace cleanup and maintenance, including worker training, will ensure better control over tools and materials as well as the inventory of supplies.
- Tidy and clean work areas allow for more effective use of space.
- Improved preventive maintenance can reduce property damage.
- Reduce the chances of harmful materials entering the body (e.g., specks of dust, vapors)
- Enhance your company’s image, good housekeeping reflects a well-run business. An orderly workplace will impress all who enter its – employees, visitors, customers, etc.
- Motivate housekeeping as a way of good life – not just a special action when visitors are coming.
Some Good Housekeeping Practices In The Workplace :
- Keep entry and exits clear.
- Keep work areas neat and clean.
- Keep the floor clean, dry and in good condition.
- Vacuum or wet sweep dusty areas frequently.
- Clean up leaks of any type of liquor quickly and properly.
- Use proper waste containers.
- Keep sprinklers, fire alarms and fire extinguishers clear.
- Store all objects safely on shelves and racks to keep them from falling down.
- Use a ladder to reach items on high shelves – avoid stretching.
Purpose Of Effective Workplace Housekeeping
- Prevents tripping over loose objects on floors, stairs, and platforms.
- Prevents by being hit by falling objects.
- Saves by slipping on greasy, wet or dirty surfaces.
In conclusion, maintaining good house-keeping is very important in our workplaces for accident prevention and maintaining a fresh and clean workplace. Here in this blog, there are tips and benefits of good housekeeping in the workplace.
Further, if you’re looking for housekeeping services, then Xtraordinary Carpet Cleaning can help you. We also have years of experience and technical knowledge to deal with your housekeeping servicing issues. To know more about the benefits of professional housekeeping services, call us at 951-302-1033 to book your cleaning appointment. To know our latest cleaning offers, follow us on Facebook.